Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's dinner

Jason and I thought that instead of going out to eat this year we'd make a Valentine's dinner at home. We shipped the kids over to Grandma's and created a feast. It was fun because I didn't plan it like I usually plan a menu for a special event. Instead we just thought of what we wanted and winged it. Jason went to Costco and bought the seafood that looked good to him (scallops, shrimp, and crab legs) and I was craving steak so we bought two small fillets. We rounded it out with a light salad and some asparagus. We didn't make dessert, but had some chocolates in bed. We don't normally eat like this but it was fun to splurge, and it still would have cost less than going out to eat at a fancy restaurant.
My favorite part was the crab legs--and we did the least to those, just heated them in the oven and dipped them in butter. YUM! The scallops were also delicious. We marinated them in lemon juice and olive oil for about 15 minutes before we seared them and served them over some lightly dressed greens.
I love food. I also love my husband, so it was an all around great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment